POSITION: PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT
Personal Care Assistant – Full Time and Part Time.
Traineeship program for Cert IV individual Support/Aged Care available for eligible Team Members
The Alexander Aged Care Centre is a boutique, modern 90 bed home. The home supports people requiring all levels of care including a 10 bed memory support unit. The facility is highly regarded in the community and is run by an organisation committed to providing the highest quality of care.
We are seeking experienced Personal Care Assistant staff for Permanent Full Time and Permanent Part-Time roles to join our team, with the opportunity to enrol in Cert IV Individual Support/Aged Care Trainee Program for eligible Team Members. This position is supported by the Clinical Care Manager.
Successful applicants will have:
- A minimum Cert III in Aged Care or Cert III in Individual Support
- Current Police Record Check (PRC)
- Current First Aid and CPR desirable
- Current influenza vaccination (2021)
- COVID-19 full vaccination
- Be willing & able to work morning, afternoon and night shift
- Be willing & able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Excellent communication skills & demonstrated ability to engage in conversation with consumers & their representatives
- Knowledge of Aged Care Quality Standards
- The ability to demonstrate compassionate, kind & respectful interactions with divers consumers & fellow staff
- Knowledge of eCase an advantage
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a personal care assistant?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Have you completed a qualification in aged care?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the residential aged care accreditation standards?
Only successful applicants will be contacted.