POSITION: PPT Lifestyle Assistant
The Alexander Aged Care Centre is a boutique modern 90 bed home. The home supports people requiring all levels of care including a 10 bed memory support unit. The facility is highly regarded in the community and is run by an organisation committed to providing the highest quality of care.
We are seeking 2 Permanent Part Time Lifestyle Assistants to join our team. This role is overseen by the Lifestyle Coordinator & you must be available to work 1 day on weekends. 1 position is Sunday to Tuesday (15.5 hours per week) & the other is Wednesday to Saturday (28 hours per week).
To be successful in this position you should have:
- Formal training in diversional therapy, recreation or relevant discipline, e.g. Diploma in Leisure and Health, Cert III in Lifestyle & Leisure or equivalent qualification or studying towards.
- Current Police Record Check (PRC), current CPR & current influenza vaccination (2020)
- Knowledge, skills and experience in the provision of lifestyle programs that meet the needs of consumers who may have physical and /or cognitive disabilities.
- Be able to organise and manage own work and oversee volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills & demonstrated ability to engage in conversation with consumers & their representatives
- Knowledge of Aged Care Quality Standards
- Compassionate, kind & respectful interactions with diverse consumers & fellow staff
- Knowledge of eCase an advantage
Note only successful applicants will be contacted.